Frequently Asked Questions
We want to make sure all your questions are answered. Here are some questions we usually get.
- Ultra Fast Download Speeds - Up to 10 Gig Speeds!
- Ultra Fast Upload Speeds - Upload speed is just as fast as your download speed
- More Affordable - Our service provider pricing is less than cable
- No Throttling - Speeds are not reduced during peak hours
- Better Bandwidth - More connected devices at the same time without issues
- Greater Reliability - Not prone to interference or corrosion, and built nearly indestructible
- Future Proofed - Fiber optic is the future of our digital/cyber world
- Increased Home Value - Studies show an increase of $5,000-$7000
- Economic Community Growth - A fiber optic network is critical for businesses, which creates better job opportunities
- Lightbridge Sign Up - Register your address to show interest in our fiber network, without obligation. We'll notify you when we get to your neighborhood.
- Choose A Provider - When we get to your neighborhood, we will invite you to sign up with a service provider.
- Drop Construction - Now we physically connect our fiber line to your home. This is done free of charge, if you allow it during our initial pass. Otherwise, a return trip could be costly. You are required to sign up with one of our internet providers before this step.
- Activation - Finally, your internet provider will activate your service. Congratulations!
Using a minimally invasive plow machine, we will place your conduit and fiber under your yard. Unless directed otherwise by you, we will mount the junction box next to your existing utilities on the side of your home. You may request a different location, but this needs to be communicated to the contractor when they contact you. Lastly, on the other side of the same wall, we will place a fiber modem (ONT) that will need to be plugged into a power outlet. If you have an outside communications panel with power or open conduit leading to an inside comm panel, we can also connect through those. The drop construction step is now complete! The construction to connect your home is only free while we are actively building in your zone.
Junction Box (NID)
Reset your password by clicking "Forgot password?" on the login page. Create a new account if needed.
Contact your service provider for assistance. Provide details about your issue, such as network setup and timing.
Our 'Open Access Network' demonopolized your fiber connection by allowing you to choose between multiple internet providers. Thus promoting better pricing, options, and services. Similar to an airport, Lightbridge connects you to the internet provider of your choice.
Our network will have low latency and redundancy for greater uptime. However, each service provider may have differences within their own network design that may offer different levels of speed and reliability.
Unlike traditional Municipal open access networks, we will not charge customers additional monthly infrastructure charges. The customer will only see a bill from their service provider.
While moving from one service provider to another on the network is fairly seamless, service providers may require terms of service.
We will be building out in the city limits based on a structured area-by-area build plan. Each plan will be published on our website. The total construction is planned for three years.
We will own and operate the fiber optic network, but each individual service provider is responsible for compliance with all regulations.
Go to our home page and enter your address in the search bar. Follow the instructions from there.
Support to customers is provided by the subscribed service provider. The service provider is the primary point of contact for any issues related to customer internet service or connectivity.
We know that customer privacy is important. Our open network will not sell customer data. However, each service provider may have their own standards, which should be addressed directly with the service provider.
The construction process involves laying fiber optic cables to customer homes. If a customer signs up for service during the initial construction of their area of town, there will not be a construction fee. Late signups can still get connected but will incur a one-time construction fee. Customers should check with their chosen service provider for information about installation costs into the home.
What are you waiting for? Sign Up Now!